How to transfer your data to a new iPhone
Planning on upgrading or joining the iPhone family?
You’re going to have so much fun with your new phone. But first, you’ll need to set it up properly.
How to transfer data from an old iPhone to your new iPhone
If you’ve got an old iPhone with data and contact information on it, you’ll want to transfer it to your new iPhone. There are a couple ways you could choose to do this - using the ‘Automatic Setup’ feature, or doing it through iCloud.
How to transfer data to new iPhone using Automatic Setup
- Make sure you’ve got both your new and old iPhones in front of you.
- Select the correct language on your new iPhone.
- When you see the message asking you to set up with Apple ID, tap continue.
- Now pick up your old iPhone, and scan the image that appears on your new iPhone.
- Enter your old iPhone's passcode on your new iPhone.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID on your new iPhone.
- Choose to restore your apps and data.
- Agree to the T&Cs
- Tap Continue under Express Settings to use the settings that were on your old iPhone.
- Then complete the setup process for your new iPhone. Job done!
How to transfer data to new iPhone using iCloud
- Go to settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap Apple ID.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- When the backup’s finished, you can turn off your old iPhone.
- If you want to use the same SIM card, take it out of your old iPhone and pop it in your new one.
- Now turn on your new iPhone.
- Select the correct language.
- Set up your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap ‘Restore from iCloud backup’.
- Sign-in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Agree.
- Select your backup.
- All the data from your old iPhone is now on your new iPhone. Good work!
How to transfer data from Android to iPhone
If you’re going from an Android phone to an iPhone, transferring your data is just as easy.
Head to the Google Play Store on your Android device and download the Move to iOS app. Make sure everything is backed up, which you can do through your settings menu (but it should do it automatically anyway), and then follow the instructions on your new iPhone.
iPhone will create its own secure Wi-Fi network, and talk to your old phone. This process might take a little while, but once it’s done, you’ll be ready to go with your new iPhone.
READY TO APPLY?
Signing up is simple and free
To complete your application, you will need:
- Your employer's name or
- An idea of your
If your employer is signed up with Techscheme, they’ll have a unique employer code to use when you apply. If not, simply send them an invite using the button below.
You can find your payroll number on your payslip.
Decide on a budget for your new tech.
You may be interested in:
You might like:More How-to posts
Setting up the perfect workspace
Making your new home a smart home
A step-by-step to switching your phone plan